25 June 2005

dance recital


holy crap! the dance recital was AWESOME! (it was our first). wowie! so exciting. The girls danced fabulously, littlest brownlette (4) did her best performance ever. Of all the little ones in tutus, she was the one who had it DOWN. Older brownlette (7) did us proud also, but she had done well in rehearsals so that wasn't as surprising. (little brownlette was a bit of a dud in rehearsal. It was pretty touch and go for how things would come out). I do think older brownlette's group was the best of all the girls her age. They danced to "Car Wash". It rocked.

Oh god, they LOVE the whole having hairdos and makeup done. And being with all the older girls, seeing all the costumes. This was no small production!

It was in the main theatre venue in our town...where the symphony plays, and the Western Canada Theatre puts on productions. So, mainstage. Bigtime. I was clapping, shouting Bravo! (mr Brown mocked me, but I put in him in his place in short order. Philistine). It was hugely thrilling all-round. I've ordered the DVD. heh.

2 Comments:

At 26/6/05 7:38 a.m., Blogger Sunny said...

That's awesome, dude. And you're so cool for being so excited for them. It really seems to keep kids pumped when their parents are all about the show.

 
At 26/6/05 7:55 a.m., Blogger Brown said...

PS: Click on "view my profile (your profile, sillypants, not mine) and edit it. that way it won't be all blank and shit. :) I changed some stuff, let me know if you like it ok. Talk to you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home