26 October 2005

Sometimes it's hard to let things go

How petty. And yet, I'm frikken ANNOYED.

Someone corrected me on a baseball stat. Which I had heard on TV and search as I might I haven't been able to find clarification of online. (YET).

Going into today's game, I commented that 21 teams in the history of the World Series have had a 3 games to none lead, and 21 teams (all of them) have gone on to win the series.

Correction Guy has to jump in and say, " no, 18". I reply, "no...I don't think so. 21". Correction guy looks at me dismissively and goes on with his day.

Well, I'm here to tell you. 18 teams (well, 19 after the White Sox won tonight) had SWEPT the World Series. I wasn't talking about sweeping. I was talking about the likelihood, or lack thereof, that the Astros would be able to come back once they were down 3 games to 0. Since 21 teams had been ahead 3-0 and 21 teams WENT ON TO WIN.

I heard it on sportsnet. As IF I was wrong.

fuckin' correction guy.

sheesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home