18 October 2005

Taking a stand for BC teachers

Public school teachers here are into the 7th day of a strike.

They were legislated back to work, which means now they are "breaking the law" by refusing to return to work.

Well, I say...isn't THAT convenient?

If legislators don't like what you're doing, they can just make a law against it, and then, if you don't cave in to their bullying, then you're breaking the law!

Man, that's handy! Brilliant, even!

I find it shameful that the gov't won't step in to FORCE negotiations in a situation in which these teachers have been working without a contract for MORE THAN A YEAR.

It's shameful, that now they can be called lawbreakers. That now the victims can be characterized as the villains.

I'd write more, but I have to go watch my kids...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home