05 April 2006

weighing in

I haven't watched tonight's American Idol, in which they will tell us who will be eliminated (because I record it and watch it with Mr Brown once he gets home from work), but I've been reading the buzz. Google news and fanatic blogs and all that. And I have two things I really want to get off my chest.

First of all, "fuck the naysayers" re Kellie (Kelly?) Pickler. If she annoys you, and you think she's fake, you might want to take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror, or what-have-you, because I think she's a genuinely nice girl. She might not have star quality, she might not have the best voice, but pick on her for that, then. Don't pick on her because you think she's faking some country-bumpkin thing, because I just don't think that's the case. And there's nothing wrong with being a country bumpkin (if you're pretty. heh)

Second. I have disliked Bucky Covington since pretty much day 1. However. I thought he was AWESOME last night. Very cool "song choice" as the judges would say. He surprised me by not going ALL OUT COUNTRY when...well, you'd think country night would be his thing. Bucky, I liked it.

Ok. Whew. I've said my piece. I'll check in tomorrow, after I see the results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home