06 March 2006

10 hrs of ER without commercials

My Father, 67, whom the brownlettes refer to as "Pa", is in hospital. My mother called me late Saturday afternoon and said she wanted to take him to see a doctor. He had been dizzy much of the day, and had started seeing double.

Turns out, Pa had a stroke. A mild one, and doctors are optimistic. But he has to have a few more tests before he can be discharged. Plus, he's still dizzy and seeing double, and gets vertigo.

It's been a really tough couple of days, waiting for Mom (whom the brownlettes refer to as "Mita") to phone with updates. I'm worried about my Mom, worried about my Dad. But I guess, other than the symptoms I've described, Pa's doing just fine.

When my Mom arrived to see him Sunday morning, he proceeded to give her the lowdown on everything that had happened in the E.R. that night. Two drunks came in who had been in a fight, etc. etc. Then he tells Mita " It was like I watched 10 hrs of ER with no commercials". hahahahaha. The old guy is still crazy, that's encouraging.

2 Comments:

At 6/3/06 11:05 a.m., Blogger Sunny said...

All the best for Pa. I hope he feels better soon - make sure they tell him all about how he can't eat anything he likes anymore, and has to take 4 pills/day like they did my dad.

It's a good sign that so far those are his only problems. Make sure he takes care of himself. :)

Sorry to hear about it, B.

 
At 6/3/06 11:44 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing Pa the very best of health.

Sending you loving thoughts, Brown.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home