08 August 2006

In which, Brownie welcomes 3/5ths of her family home and calls for...

Calls for John Gibbons' head on a silver platter.

It was exciting to give happy kisses and hugs of "welcome home" to Mr Brown and the brownlettes! Things got predictably whiney and conflict-ridden by halfway through dinner, but...oh...they're just SO CUTE! all 3 of them!!

Then, the Jays game.

Blue Jays manager John Gibbons is now officially on my shit list. It's been coming for awhile. For the last 3 weeks or so, as the Jays have been struggling, I've been hearing lots of crap, blaming the manager, blaming the GM, blaming the pitchers, just general blaming blaming blaming, and I have not wanted to become a party to that.

I was having a discussion with The Boy, probably about 2 weeks back now, in which he was pointing out to me that the Jays still had 50 games left in their season. He pointed out to me, that were this a hockey team (NHL teams play 80 regular season games) and there were still 50 games left in the season, hockey fans would be all hardcore sure their team would still make a run for the playoffs, if not the Stanley Cup! And instead, here's a bunch of whining Jays fans who are counting their team out (of a 160 game season) and there are STILL 50 GAMES LEFT.

well, anyhow, that's all water under the bridge.

The Jays are sucking, and I now officially pin that on the manager, Mr John Gibbons. Mr John Gibbons, you suck at managing. I'm imagining myself right now as Heidi Klum "John Gibbons, you are out. Auf Wiedersehen!"

Ok, i'm done for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home