29 September 2005

I guess Burn-out must be "relative"

I had a conversation with someone, a few days ago, in which the person said they had been experiencing burn-out for months, and really needed a vacation.

I was in a pretty good frame of mind during the conversation, so I was able to be empathetic/sympathetic/understanding.

Apparently I am not in said state of mind currently.

Ok, what part of your life is contributing most to your "burn-out"? Let me clarify. I'm not saying we're not all entitled to a vacation now and then. However, after some time to think things over, I have a few questions.

Is trying to put in the least possible effort and still be considered to be doing your job causing you burnout? Is having the most amount of "dates" with the premium amount of people making you feel like you're stretched to your limit? (not to mention that attempting to ensure all other "dates" don't find out about each other and end up freaking out on you or coming to blows with the other "datees" has got to create a certain amount of stress). And going to bed at 5:30 am after a night of shinanigans and then having to be at work at the very latest by 1pm before people start to realize you aren't there, can't be real good for your energy level.

Have your vacation. Revel in it. But I'm not gonna be giving you much sympathy in the future.

because, baybee I NEED A VACATION.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home