19 April 2006

mothering Mr Realtor

Mr Realtor (bossman) was crabby and stressed today. The one good thing about that was...he didn't take it out on me. He just got pissed off pretty much everytime he got a phonecall. And he swore alot. tee hee.

OH! I just remembered one of the funniest moments that took place today. Bossman had this memo he wanted me to compose and email to several people, including the office lady out front.(office lady...shudder) So he wrote some notes for me (in his illegible leftie scrawl) and I set to work on it. I gave it to him to proof a couple of times, and then he said he'd like it if the two parts were separated, such as, in two different boxes. (*insert yahoo smiley :-|)

Fine. So I dicked around with that for about 20 minutes (not really being very proficient in the latest version of WORD). I mean, I knew it could be done, it's just that everything I was trying wasn't really working the way I wanted it to.

So one of Mr Realtor's colleagues strolled into the office and they started shooting the proverbial shit. This was a BIG guy. In stature, girth, and personality. He was quite entertaining. And Mr Realtor being in a pissy mood was adding even more fun to the whole exchange.

I continued working at my desk at my little memo assignment, and finally, I threw my hands up and said "Does this really have to be in boxes??? Because it's just not working for me"

So colleague rolls his chair towards my computer and starts taking over. "What do you want? like this? like this?" clicking like a madman, and moving the text every which-way and I was cringing because he didn't really seem like he knew what he was doing much better than I did, and I didn't want him to lose the work I had done.

All the while, colleague and Mr Pissy kept up their witty reparte. And at one point, colleague dude ACTUALLY SAYS to my boss, albeit jokingly, but still...in the office environment???..."Oh, FUCK OFF, Phil!"

oh dear god. I nearly peed my pants. talk about LOL

Colleague dude ends up getting the boxes in place on my memo, and after he leaves, I prettied it up a bit and gave it to Bossman for the final proof. I hand it to him, and he says "Oh, great, 60 hrs later...."

hahahahaha

So anyhow, back to what I was originally going to talk about. Which was mothering the Bossman. He was crabby and stressed. And by 1pm he hadn't eaten. Mr Brown was bringing me lunch, so I told Bossman, "listen, Steve's bringing me lunch. What do you want him to bring you? You need to eat"

"I'm tired. I got no sleep last night. I was up at 2am, and 3am and then 4am, and at 7am I came to the office, and I got absolutely nothing done. I've accomplished absolutely nothing"

so Brownie says, "Um...what does this have to do with eating?"

"I'm too tired to eat. I want to sleep. Or maybe I want a pint of Guinness"

"Well, of course you're tired. You got no sleep, and you haven't eaten. I don't see how not eating is supposed to help."

"I just want some chocolate. Some...fudge brownies or something. What does Steve have at the restaurant for dessert?"

So, I recited the dessert menu to him,seasoned serving professional that I am, and none of it suited him.

"Nevermind. Nothing. I want nothing"

"Do you want him to bring you a guinness?"

"No, if I have a guinness, I'll go out for it. And I'll never come back."

:-|

So I phoned Steve and said I was ready for my lunch, and that Bossman wanted dessert but didn't seem to want anything on the menu. Steve shows up with a piece of 4 layer chocolate cake. Guess what? Bossman LOVED IT. lmfao. "Wow, this is REALLY GOOD"

sheeeeeesh.

So then. Mr Brown and Bossman shoot the shit for at least a half hour, talking about hockey and kayaking and travelling, and selling our house, and whatever the fuck else. And finally, I just had to interrupt them..."um...thanks for lunch dear, but we have WORK TO DO"

lmao

It was an interesting day at the office.

PS mr brown rocks for lunch deliveries. ROCKS, I tell you. The restaurant is about a 1.5 minute walk from the realty office. w00t w00t! I am truly blessed. heh.

1 Comments:

At 23/4/06 9:36 p.m., Blogger Sunny said...

Sounds like Mr Pissy is entirely deserving of his name. And it's cool how you seem to fit right into the dynamics of the place, at least where he's concerned. At least, to this outsider it seems like you do.

Man, I wish B owned a restaraunt that was around the corner from my workplace. That would rock.

So, is Mr. Brown feeling the ill effects of you being away from home yet? Or are you getting spoiled in your semi-part-time new employ? I forgot to ask if you're still "serving" (almost said "waitressing", lol) at the restaraunt, or are you only doing this now? If you gave up serving, I bet he's missing your fantasticness not only at home but at the rest. as well. Double whammy! Hahahaha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home