26 August 2006

In which, the gals get new hairdos


Tee hee. The Brown and her brownlettes got new hairdos today. Ms J was firm on what she wanted. She wanted the same haircut she had when she was 3 yrs old. "I want my hair short, and with bangs, like when I was 3. That looked so cute".

Who am I to argue with a 5 yr old who knows her own mind regarding hairstyles? I'm trying to train my girls to be direct with the hairstylist. So many times, I've sat in the chair, not known what I wanted, let the stylist do what she wanted, and ended up not liking it. And then acting like it was great. NOT GOOD. Not something I want to teach my children. It's their hair! They should have it how they want it! Plus, you're paying a stylist for a service, and you should get your money's worth, get what you want, leave happy, etc. I also find it a bit retarded when diners tell the server everything is great, when...well, when they don't really think it's great. Anyhow, I digress...

I was a bit sad to think Ms J's long-all-one-length hair, which was hell in the growing, would be a thing of the past, but I told her "Well, discuss that with Judy, and you decide."

Judy agreed the length would be best shorter. But she tried to dissuade Ms J from losing the "all one length" and getting bangs. But Ms J was firm. So Judy finally said to me "well, it WILL look really cute. It just means more maintainance, and a big pain in the butt when she wants to grow the bangs out again. But it will look very cute on her."

So in the end, Ms J got what she wanted. And OH MY WORD, she is SOOOO pleased.

Ms C, on the other hand, was devastated that she wasn't getting her hair cut. She recently had hers done, and it had been ages since Ms J and I had been to the stylist, so I reminded her of that, but she was still very upset. She's been wanting pink streaks in her hair for quite awhile now, and last time I had her into Judy's, they discussed it, and Judy told her the best she could do would be some fuschia/ dark red-ish streaks, and they were going to be kinda pricey. Judy suggested blonde highlights for Ms C's haircolour, and said it would be smartest to just get the drugstore haircolour kit and do it at home.

So...to make up for her disappointment, I gave her blonde highlights myself. I think they turned out looking quite pretty. My mother is appalled. But...w/e, IT's NOT HER HAIR. Ms C is duly pleased with the result:

That's actually a pretty crappy picture of her hair. It looks better now that it has been washed, etc. Really. I'm not just saying that. It doesn't look as patchy as that picture portrays.

As for the Brown one. Well, I wanted more layers put in. And Judy suggested bangs. So, in the spirit of the day, I decided...why not!! (plus, she told me it would be kind of sexy). LMAO. Who wouldn't go for sexy??? I'm not saying it's sexy, per se, but I'm pretty happy with my haircut.

It was a fun day!

1 Comments:

At 29/8/06 11:25 p.m., Blogger Sunny said...

Wow, your girls look SO MUCH LIKE YOU. And you're all cute as a button. Three buttons, in fact.

Now I want to get my hair done. Actually, I want pink streaks just like Miss C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home