11 September 2005

Cocoa Crisp


We have a puppy! I’m taking a quick moment of relative peace, since the kids are all in bed now, and the puppy is sleeping, to share the news.

She’s a chocolate lab, 8 weeks old, and she came to live with us this past Thursday. Her name is Cocoa. Cocoa Crisp. Cocoa, because she's a chocolate lab, and Crisp, because of the Cleveland Indians' center-fielder Coco Crisp.

I HAD NO CONCEPT OF WHAT I WAS IN FOR.

Let me just go on record as saying, I was blind-sided. Out-voted by my family. And told myself, “Well, how hard could it really be? And it will make them so happy”. Okay, you can laugh at me now.

Wow. It’s a lot of work.

But, for the most part, it’s going alright. It’s like having a new baby. At times, it feels totally overwhelming, and I think “I’m not gonna be able to do this!!!”. The worst is when I have to prepare a meal, or get the kids ready to go somewhere, and still keep an eye on the little critter and make sure she gets taken for “OUTSIDE” as soon as she wakes up or after she’s eaten. If I lose track of her in the melee, there’ll be an accident to clean up, in all probability.

So, I’m pretty stressed.

But I think she’ll bring much joy to our home, and I certainly have gotten out walking, which I needed.

I hear her stirring. OUTSIDE time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home