31 August 2005

need something to be mad about?

There are basically two things pissing me off right now, seeing as I have electricity and potable water and the streets in my town are passable and there are no hoodlums looting, and I still have a house that I can call home and therefore I have the luxury of getting pissed off about things.

Thing 1

construction of a new subdivision right behind my house.

This really is ridiculous. The dust that accumulates in my home on a daily basis is one thing, and if that were the only thing, I guess I could " suck it up " (whilst wearing a dust-mask). However. Each day it seems to be something else. For instance, the fact that these guys start work at 7am on the dot and are compelled to do the noisiest part of the day's work as soon as they get on site. Slamming things around, banging things, and, oh "gotta start nailing some shit down right away". And, these guys have GOT to be amateurs, because the manner in which they nail things has no rhythm whatsoever. Aren't you supposed to give 4, maybe five solid hits to hammer in a nail? such as, "bang bang Bang BAng and then maybe BANG"? NO. not these dudes. bang bang bangitty bangy bang bang-bang-bang. Like some kind of crazy-assed morse code or something.

Next, and oh, aren't they so considerate!, they wait until at least 9am to start this shit, but THEY PLAY THE FUCKING RADIO at volumes SO LOUD, that if my window is open, I have to TURN UP the TV to still hear the drivel Wolf Blitzer (or whomever) is conveying. Believe me, I am accustomed to filtering out background noise, since I do have 3 children, but this is above and beyond kid-volume. And I find that offensive. If, God-forbid, I venture out into my backyard, my eardrums are traumatized. But of course, they have to hear their radio above their chitty-chitty-bang-bang.

ok, i'm done talking about the construction guys. the negativity it's generating in me is just not healthy.

Thing 2

CBC radio programming

I guess I've been out of the loop for awhile, (since the end of June, when I listened to CBC constantly while chaffeuring in my capacity as SAHM), but I am aghast at what I heard today. Jurgen Goethe, disc drive, well...I used to love to hear that when I lived in Vancouver, and I guess it...well, if you're listening for pleasure, if you're listening to be soothed whilst you commute and such, it's a good thing. However. Then, it's followed by this CRAP "50 tracks". :- COunting down the 50 greatest tracks of blah blah blah blah i don't even know what. But it's crap.

So when I got home today I went to the CBC radio website, and yes, probably I should have know this, but the only media I've been watching lately is CNN, and I see that CBC is currently experiencing a labour disruption.

Hence the shit programming???? I gather. See that's what I get for not reading the newspapers. Or listening to the sports highlights when they talk about the CFL. (I despise football) Because apparently they've aired two games already with no announcers and the managers doing the camera work. heh.

Okay. Thing 1 and thing 2 have been let out of the box and now I feel slightly better.

whew. Have a good night.

PS/ as I type (it's 8:48pm) construction dudes are POWER-SAWING something. I'm surprised they didn't leave that for their 7am task...

1 Comments:

At 4/9/05 10:02 a.m., Blogger Sunny said...

Dude, that sucks. Go and kick you some construction-worker ass. Please?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home