03 August 2005

were you planning on posting again?


It's not that I haven't had anything to say...

Mostly it's been a case of having so much I could say that I couldn't decide where to start!

I'm probably over-thinking it. :P

My son has a new friend. A girl-crazy friend. He's 13. He's very cute, I'll give him that. And he's a star pitcher. But the girl-craziness! I just shake my head. This dude has an acute case. He's probably going to be one of these guys whose playboy ways are his downfall. Well, I shouldn't say probably. How would I know? It's going to be interesting to watch this kid over the next few years. And considering how he has glommed onto us since we moved to his end of town (he has stayed here the last 3 nights in a row), I'll likely get good opportunity to observe. However, he's staying at his Dad's house for the Summer. I think his Mom lives in another part of town so maybe once school starts I won't see him as much.

Oh, my "adoptive" son A-ron has now left town to be with his real family.

We had a going-away BBQ for him and 20 of his closest friends last night. (ok, not 20. I think there were 10) But, that many 12-13 yr olds seems like 20+. I think the new neighbours now officially hate us. Hahahahahahaha! Oh yes, and the party included girls. New friend was in his glory. And all the girls thought he was "hot". I'm rolling my eyes right now.

I can't believe how much Mr Brown loves to party. I'm not saying he likes to go out and party. But he is a guy who just LOVES to have parties at his house. To entertain. To have guests over.Even if they're kids! I just can't believe how weird it is he and I hooked up. He's Mr Socialite and I'm Ms Hermit. Ms Alexander Pope. It's retarded.

My middle child left last night on a kayaking trip with her Grandfather. Oh!!!!! There's a great topic. HER GRANDFATHER.

Mr Brown and I both worked last Friday night and Grandpa agreed to babysit. My parents do the bulk of the babysitting when I work (Mr Brown always works) but they've been doing alot and been quite busy, etc etc so I wanted to give them a night off. So we called in Grandpa. I can't believe this man took care of my children when I was in New York City for a week. *shudder*. Actually, it's good to remember that he actually did pull that off very well. Because last Friday night was a whole 'nother story!

It's shocking that I've let my daughter go out on the Ocean with this man.

Mr Brown returned home at 9:30pm last Friday to blaring music. He assumed the boy was on the computer and prepared himself to rage on him. However, after removing his shoes and continuing up the stairs he very quickly realized that the brownlettes, little girls aged 4 and 7, WERE STILL UP! Dancing around the living room! And the kitchen floor was covered in chocolate! And there were bowls from ice cream left in the living room which had been EATEN IN THE LIVING ROOM. I swear, if it had been me who came home from work to this scene I would have fucking fainted. Or unleashed a string of obscenities. Or...maybe I just would have done what the Mr did, which was usher Grandpa out quickly and in stunned silence, brush the girls' teeth, get them to bed, and pour a BIG glass of red wine.

Anyhow, the house is a very much calmer, serene, easy-going place without the eldest brownlette. That girl's a handful. I'm sure she got that from her father...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home