14 February 2006

the story of the Brown

I'm blogging mostly because I'm waiting for Mr Brown to come home. And I'm anxiously awaiting his arrival and feeling all at loose ends. And no. It's not because I'm feeling really passionate. It's because I was really really really wanting to watch American Idol but I talked to him on the phone and he said he would be home soon and so I have to wait for him, so he can watch it too. Because if I've already seen it...well, that takes some of the joyous hilarity out of the whole thing.

So, since the boy laughed at me tonight about wanting to watch American Idol "Brownie, you're such a...." (I can't remember if he called me a loser, a geek, or a n00b. It was one of those.) I thought I would tell you about how I came to be known as Brownie. or Brown. or The Brown. all of the above.

The boy, d-unit, Dawson was such a cute and lovely child. He was an only child, for the first 5 and 1/2 years of his life. And I was a single mom for 4 of those years. Then Mr Brown became my boyfriend and, well, the rest is pretty self-explanatory.

But anyhow. When the boy was 3, he started really loving bunnies. Loved them. Was even...obsessed by them. Wanted bunnies. Not just one bunny, but wanted to be the pet-owner of lots and lots of bunnies. LMAO. of COURSE, I said "not a chance in hell". Well, maybe not in those words.

So, being a clever boy, he decided to take a page out of Barney the Dinosaur's book, and "use his imagination". So the boy made himself the "Bunny owner" and all members of his family became bunnies. And he named his bunnies. I got the name of "Brown". My sister got the name of "White". My mom was dubbed "Gold". I don't remember what my Dad was, but he certainly had a colour name. Then much later on, when boyfriend entered the picture and gained the acceptance of the boy, he got named "Grey".

So, that was when the boy was between the ages of 3 and 4. And the boy has never called me Mom, or Mommy, or Mother, since.

It's just "brown" or "Brownie" or "the brown"

how weird is that?

it's pretty weird. but...it's pretty funny.

There was this one time, when he was 6, and the neighbour kids were playing over at our house. The little boy from next door didn't know what to call me, so he asked D..."what's your Mom's name?" and D told him...." call her Brown ". so this boy, LOL, he addressed me as "caller Brown". or maybe the correct spelling might be "collar Brown"? who knows. but it cracked me UP. lol

so anyhow, that's the story of the Brown and now, I must go because, although I don't hear the car in the driveway yet, I'm going to get the TIVO thingy set up for American Idol.

Go Simon!

and no, Simon will not be getting a bunny name.

Simon is most certainly a "n00b".

1 Comments:

At 15/2/06 10:13 a.m., Blogger Sunny said...

That's great, B! I cant believe I haven't heard that story in all the years I've known you.

Wow, that's a good story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home