20 May 2006

Barbaro/my Grandmother

Oh, man. I could NOT BELIEVE what happened at the Preakness today. I was pretty pumped for Barbaro. Thought this might be the triple crown winner.

YOWCH.

My grandmother used to have this weird saying (one of many of her weird sayings...she was Pa's mom, and now I can see more clearly that he comes by some of his kookiness honestly) she'd spout whenever we went off to do something that might be marginally risky: "Don't break a leg, or we'll have to shoot you!"

Barbaro broke his leg. In 3 places. And dislocated his ankle.

It was sickening to watch, really.

But I appreciated it making me think of my Grandma, and her crazy sayings, and how great she was to me. I hope I'll get to be a Grandmother some day and be as special to my grandkids as she was to me.

2 Comments:

At 21/5/06 10:53 p.m., Blogger Sunny said...

I have no idea what a Barbaro is. I'm not sure I want to know. It sounds like a very sad thing that happened.

You're more on your way to being a grandma than I am. Hell, B confessed to me today that me "mothering" the puppy didn't scare him at all... but it made him see how much further he has to go to be a daddy.

At this rate, I'll be fifty before I give birth. Sheesh.

 
At 22/5/06 9:13 p.m., Blogger Brown said...

A Barbaro is a racehorse.

And, LMFAO you are...so far from waiting until you're 50 to give birth, that I just can't stop laughing.

Listen. LAST NIGHT I DREAMT I WAS 40, and it freaked the living shit out of me. That's 1.5 yrs away.

Not being ready to be a daddy means something between 2 weeks and 2 yrs. TOPS.

Please post more picks of Huck.

thank you, and goodnight

could it possibly even be RIGHT that I have to "word verific-ate" to comment on my own blog??? sheesh. this post 9-11 society. It's what we have to deal with

 

Post a Comment

<< Home