24 May 2006

Mowing the lawn

Since The Boy's baseball practice was cancelled tonight, I asked him to mow the front lawn, which he did with no argument. But with plenty of play-by-play comments.

He certainly knows how to make it interesting for himself. He came in halfway through, (even though it's a miniscule piece of lawn) and told me there were some pretty angry bees out there. But according to him, the bees were in FEAR of him, because he had mowed over "their nest thing they were doing in the long grass". " I OWNED those bees" (stander-by Ms J's eyes become wide with Shock and Awe at The Boy's Bravery Amidst Bees) (and, um, isn't this the boy who used to be so freaked out by bees??? I guess he was 9 then...) ok....so he has a drink, and goes back out.

He finishes, and comes back in. "There are some weeds out there, they just don't want to die. They just won't give in. I mowed 'em and mowed 'em, but those are some angry, long weeds."

I shake my head. And laugh.

Thank the lord for our kids, eh? otherwise, there wouldn't be much to chuckle or smile about these days...Not unless you got really creative in your Pollyanna-ish-ness.

*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home